Goose Island State Park-"Big Tree"

Goose Island State Park-"Big Tree"

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Homeschool!

My husband and I have recently come to the decision to homeschool our children. Although my oldest, who just turned four years old today, is not yet officially old enough to enter public preschool, (they have to be four by September first) I have begun a small preschool curriculum with her this year.  So far, it is going well!  We have already hit our share of bumps in the road; we've fallen behind, changed our schedule, jumped ahead, changed the schedule again, and made spur-of-the-moment field trips!  Hopefully, by the end of this year, I'll have some of the finer details ironed out and will be closer to the advice-giving end of the homeschooling mom spectrum, rather than in the "I have no clue what I'm doing" realm of the homeschool world. =)

We do have a spare room downstairs that I had hoped to convert into a "school" room by the time we officially started lessons this fall, but alas, the room is still cluttered with empty boxes from the move, spill-over from the laundry room, and it is devoid of any storage- or school-related furniture. Perhaps over the next few weeks (or months?) I will make some progress and will post pics as we go along.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Like anything in life, homeschooling is the same, "slow and steady" you will get to your "happy place". :) This is our 4th year and I just had my first, AHA! Perfect! moment this year (hopefully you aren't as slow as I, rofl) Praying for your homeschool, will you pray for mine? Hugs! Erika

    ReplyDelete