Goose Island State Park-"Big Tree"

Goose Island State Park-"Big Tree"

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lenten Ramblings

Baby was up at 5am, as was her big sister who was really upset about wetting the bed.  I haven’t had any coffee and yet am still attempting to get some meat out of “Interior Castle” by St. Teresa of Avila.   My eyes can barely focus on the words; I may try to read later after a few cups of java.
This Lent is off to a wonderfully horrible start.  (It’s supposed to be kind of crappy, right?) My car is having transmission problems so we won’t be able to make Ash Wednesday mass.  It would probably be crowded anyway; Ash Wednesday is the highest- attended mass of the year.   Alison has been doing this yelling/anger thing that is so utterly irritating that my only recourse is to run away to another room.  I should probably be putting her into timeout or doing some sort of constructive parenting but I have been beaten into submission and every thing I try discipline-wise seems to bite me back later. 

Ya know, Barney songs are pretty catchy…

I was good and remembered to read the girls their daily Bible story today.  The story happened to be about Cain and Abel—read, MURDER.  We had a short discussion on the terms “envy” and “jealousy” and also talked about sharing.  I think we’re off to a pretty good start! I need to get back to folding laundry. I’m excited about moving on to Noah and the ark tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment